Shame on Congress for failing to include a solution for #Dreamers in the latest funding bill. Call your US House of Representatives and US Senate representatives and tell them to pass a #CleanDreamAct now!
Discussions are set to start next week because they have until March 5th to find a legal pathway to citizenship for 800,000 undocumented immigrants brought into this country as children (7,000 in Minnesota alone). Let’s hold them to it! February Recess is around the corner (Feb 17-25) so be ready to talk to your representatives about this issue when you go to their Town Halls.
SHOW UP: Recess is coming up and our Congresspeople will be back in their home states. It's the perfect opportunity to take this issue to your Town Hall meeting!
- How to find your Town Hall Meeting
- What is a Town Hall meeting and how to participate
- If your representatives aren't holding a town hall tell them you want one! Deliver your request in person, by phone, or email. Find your US Representatives and US Senators
- Check out Indivisible’s great resources on this subject and read Indivisible’s great suggestions on how to be an ally to immigrants in the current climate.
- Donate to Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota's fund to help Dreamers pay for their hefty DACA renewal fees
EDUCATE: More information on Daca: