Together we Rise womens march mn

Our Goals

The LGBTQIA committee was formed in 2017 to amplify and educate the community and to declare that LGBTQIA Rights are Human Rights and that it is our obligation to uplift, expand and protect the rights of our gay, lesbian, bi, queer, trans or gender non-conforming brothers, sisters and siblings. We must have the power to control our bodies and be free from gender norms, expectations and stereotypes. We are concerned for our LGBTQIA youth, as they are twice as likely as their peers to be physically assaulted, shoved or kicked. We are a welcoming committee that includes allies and members of the LGBTQIA community. We are particularly concerned that intolerance is on the rise with the current administration in the White House. Be a part of our team by e-mailing us! #LGBTQIArights


Our Favorite Books & Movies

Fortunately Hollywood and the written word have both embraced LGBTQIA themes in recent years. Both Moonlight and Call Me By Your Name received Oscar nods for the 2017 awards, and several new movies have been or will be released in 2018 focusing on the LGBTQIA community, including The Happy Prince, an Oscar Wilde biography starring Rupert Everett.  Now It’s Your Turn. Share Your Favorites With Us!







Know More, Get Involved:

Our features, ways to give & current events

The LGBTQIA committee meets in person or via webcam as needed, and is always in need of volunteers to help us amplify and educate. Our last mission was marching in PRIDE. Knowing the importance of intersectionality, we consulted with our allies in various committees, to understand the reluctance of many to participate in PRIDE due to police brutality and the police participation in PRIDE. Our mission for the parade was to communicate the origin of PRIDE and the Stonewall riots through handing out literature to parade watchers and creating posters to amplify the message. Now more than ever, we need strong leaders who are not afraid to voice their support for the LGBTQIA community. “We need, in every community, a group of angelic troublemakers…. When an individual is protesting society's refusal to acknowledge his dignity as a human being, his very act of protest confers dignity on him.” ―Bayard Rustin, 1912-1987


Featured Editorial

Featured Call To Action


Calendar of Events


Support LGBTQIA Rights

Women's March MN is a non-profit organization. For every dollar you give, 90% will be shared with a community of fellow non-profits focused on 'this' Unity Principle. The remaining 10% will be used to help fund activities and events sponsored by Women's March MN. Donate today!