ID's in Minneapolis
This is the moment! Join us for a meeting this Saturday, August 25th at 10 AM about Municipal ID in the City of Minneapolis. For those who need an ID, for those who do not have ID, and for those who want to stand in solidarity with impacted communities.
For you who believe in justice for all;
Homeless, transgender and nonbinary individuals, older adults, and low income people face significant obstacles in obtaining photo identification. In the coming weeks, Minneapolis City Council will vote on establishing a Municipal ID program to make IDs
more accessible for all.
We're seeking individuals to join the movement, both those who would directly benefit from a Municipal ID and people who support the effort as an important step in the struggle for justice and equality.
At the meeting you will:
- Learn more about Municipal ID in Minneapolis
- Hear the most recent updates from the City about the ordinance and funding
- Learn how you can become involved in passing and implementing Municipal ID.
What: Municipal ID Info Session and How to Get Involved
When: Saturday, August 25th, 10AM-12PM.
Where: Waite House
This meeting is for supporters of the Municipal ID movement who agree with the following points of unity. We support the immediate creation of a Municipal ID that:
- Is accessible to all residents of Minneapolis over the age of 14 regardless of immigration status, gender identity, or homelessness status.
- Has incentives to encourage all city residents to participate.
- Has strong privacy mechanisms to protect all collected data including name, date of birth, and address.
Support ongoing implementation to make the best possible ID program. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns. We hope to see you there!
Hosted by Minnesota Immigrant Movement (MIM) and Minnesota Immigrant Rights Action Committee (MIRAC) in partnership with the City of Minneapolis.