Kavanaugh hearings - the vote is just around the corner. Take action now!
The Kavanaugh confirmation hearings are ongoing. To follow them in real time, see here or find Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 hearings on the same page. There’s been robust, probing and riveting questioning by some senators. At intervals through the days, protestors have shouted from the back of the room, before being removed. On the first day alone, 70 people were arrested. After that, space for members of public in the committee room was reduced by half. For more on Women’s March’s #CancelKavanaugh actions, follow here.
A Senate vote to confirm Kavanaugh is expected as early as Sept. 13th in time for the new Supreme Court term on Oct 1st. There is still time to take action to #SaveSCOTUS.
Here are some of the ways to do this:
- Sign up to phone bank with Indivisible to talk to voters in states with senators who are undecided.
- Send a letter and a wire hanger to an undecided senator with the help of Wire Hanger Brigade
- Take part in Women’s March’s #BrettBye campaign
- Contact friends and family in states with undecided senators and urge them to be in touch with their senators to vote NO on Kavanaugh’s confirmation. Look here to see which senators are undecided
These are just some of the many campaigns aimed at stopping Kavanaugh’s confirmation. There are more. Please take the time over the next few days to take action. #WhatsAtStake, #FederalJudgesAreForever
Some articles worth reading on the hearings are:
- Wall Street Journal: Senator Booker to Release Confidential Documents Related to Kavanaugh Nomination
- The Guardian: Brett Kavanaugh Senate Abortion Supreme Court Roe V Wade