Volunteer With Us
Help us shape what the Women’s March movement looks like for Minnesota!
We are becoming an official non-profit! Get Involved!
We're seeking volunteers to be the leaders and serve on the action teams of our newly-forming non-profit.
As an all-volunteer group, we're seeking a leader for every seat and have many open volunteer positions. We intentionally extend an invitation to women with lived experiences that are underrepresented in our ranks, in our society and in Minnesota.
- Opportunity to work as a collaborative issue team representing our intersectional Unity Principles
- Opportunities to be on an action-oriented team
- Opportunities to be a leader and to grow and mentor other women leaders
- Opportunities to work independently on your own schedule
WMM is creating committees that align with our Unity Principles — our guiding intersectional values.
Committees are collaborative issue teams representing a focused issue area. These teams are committees that will meet monthly (in person and/or by Zoom teleconference) and will provide recommendations to the Board of Directors on strategy, events, and collaborations. Committees work in concert with, and across, all issue areas, action teams, and towards WMM intersectional goals.
- Ending Violence
- Reproductive Justice
- Environmental Justice
- Committees to be created in phase II: Civil Rights, LGBTQIA Rights, Rights for People with Disabilities, Economic Justice, Worker’s Rights – if you are interested in leading or participating in one of these areas please send an email to: email@example.com.
Action Teams are leaders and/or committees that are the movers and shakers of our movement. These positions “get shit done” toward the goals and strategies of WMM. If you are ready to hit the ground running and make a difference in Minnesota, this is the place for you!
- Fundraising Committee: Develops and implements the fundraising plan, and solicits sources of support.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruit and manage volunteers, orienting them into committees, teams, projects and positions.
- Greater MN (and 8 Regional Leads): Creates a network of key members, huddles and collaborative groups across the State willing/able to support activism. Supports Calls to Action, convenes, coordinates and develop workplans for areas in Greater MN based on needs expressed by local experts.
- Legislative Action: Want to directly impact legislation at the state (and national level) and to change the political landscape of the state? Align our strategies and priorities with our legislative agenda and provides our base with information, tools, training and opportunities for activism.
- Call 2 Action Team: (2 hours a week) Representing a specific policy area, volunteers track bills and write up Calls to Action including: contacting your representatives, show up at an action and take part in a campaign. Help engage an ever-increasing number of people in legislative action, and cover legislation that impacts all the communities of Minnesota (training and guidance provided). You will also be part of the WMM Committee that aligns with your policy area, if you choose to. (Committees: Ending Violence, Reproductive Rights, LGBTQIA Rights, Worker’s Rights, Civil Rights, Rights for People with Disabilities, Immigrant Rights and Environmental Justice).
- Communication Team: (times vary) Specifically seeking social media specialists and web management volunteers.
- Special Events Lead: Are special events your wheelhouse? Are you able to coordinate, schedule, create, and gather with your eyes closed? We need you!
Volunteer at MNxMN 2018: Beyond Resistance!
Women's March Minnesota is thrilled to be a part of MNxMN, a statewide social justice conference, Sunday, Jan. 28, 2018. We need lots of volunteers to help make the day a huge success!
Check out some roles they're currently looking to fill:
- volunteer management
- working with our partner organizations
- coordinating logistics
- sponsorship sales
- social media maintenance & marketing
olunteers will receive an event T-shirt and free admission (space permitting for sessions). Lunch will be provided for volunteers who sign up for more than 4 hours of work and available for purchase for shorter shifts.