Volunteer With Us
Help us shape what the Women’s March movement looks like for Minnesota!
We are becoming an official non-profit! Get Involved!
We're seeking volunteers to be the leaders and serve on the action teams of our newly-forming non-profit.
As an all-volunteer group, we're seeking a leader for every seat and have many open volunteer positions. We intentionally extend an invitation to women with lived experiences that are underrepresented in our ranks, in our society and in Minnesota.
- Opportunity to work as a collaborative issue team representing our intersectional Unity Principles
- Opportunities to be on an action-oriented team
- Opportunities to be a leader and to grow and mentor other women leaders
- Opportunities to work independently on your own schedule
WMM is creating committees that align with our Unity Principles — our guiding intersectional values.
Committees are collaborative issue teams representing a focused issue area. These teams are committees that will meet monthly (in person and/or by Zoom teleconference) and will provide recommendations to the Board of Directors on strategy, events, and collaborations. Committees work in concert with, and across, all issue areas, action teams, and towards WMM intersectional goals.
- Ending Violence
- Reproductive Justice
- Environmental Justice
- Civil Rights
- Rights for People with Disabilities
- Immigrant Rights
- Worker's Rights
Action Teams are leaders and/or committees that are the movers and shakers of our movement. These positions “get shit done” toward the goals and strategies of WMM. If you are ready to hit the ground running and make a difference in Minnesota, this is the place for you!
- Fundraising Committee: Develops and implements the fundraising plan, and solicits sources of support.
- Greater MN (and 8 Regional Leads): Creates a network of key members, huddles and collaborative groups across the State willing/able to support activism. Supports Calls to Action, convenes, coordinates and develop workplans for areas in Greater MN based on needs expressed by local experts.
- Legislative Action: Want to directly impact legislation at the state (and national level) and to change the political landscape of the state? Align our strategies and priorities with our legislative agenda and provides our base with information, tools, training and opportunities for activism.
- Communication Team: (times vary) Specifically seeking social media specialists and web management volunteers.
- Special Events: Are special events your wheelhouse? Are you able to coordinate, schedule, create, and gather with your eyes closed? We need you!
- Rapid Response Coordinator: mobilizing the WMM community in response to emergent or complex situations which may arise, create or identify training opportunities for marshals. Coordinate with organizations and across WMM committees for rapid response.
- Youth EMPOWER Team: Providing young people with the tools needed to create high school and college chapters that guide students in making a positive impact in their communities. We believe that the single most powerful act we can do is prepare young people with the skills and commitments to take actions around causes that matter to them with courage, compassion and collaboration. Youth EMPOWER is intended for middle, high school and college-aged youth only. Please be sure your parent or caregiver are aware before joining any online community.