Save the Date: September 20th
Third Thursdays – September 20th, 6-8.30pm at 56 Brewing 3055 Columbia Avenue NE, Suite #102, Minneapolis, 55418
A Talk with Protect MN - hosted by Indivisible North Metro
This year, gun violence, the call for gun violence prevention and for sensible gun laws have been dominant themes across the country. We have seen unprecedented numbers of people, young and old, take to the streets, protest, pick up the phone to lawmakers, go down to their government buildings. However, much of this effort has been thwarted.
Join us for a talk with Nancy Nord Bence of Protect MN to learn how to speak EFFECTIVELY about gun violence and legislation.
· Learn how to speak about gun violence as a public health issue--in a way that won’t alienate hunters and responsible gun owners.
· Learn about good and not-so-good gun-related bills we expect to see introduced at the Capitol this legislative session.
· Develop your personal 1-minute message to lead the conversation about dangerous gun bills.
· Learn the difference between dialogue and debate and some important dialogue skills.
· Identify your best contacts and learn ways to engage them in the gun reform movement.
· Become informed about opportunities to engage in citizen lobbying at the Capitol.
Please join us. This is important!
September's Third Thursday (Sept 20th) is TBD. Sign up below to be the first to know details as they emerge.
SAVE THE DATE as we continue to work for success in the 2018 elections!
Third Thursdays Social Resistance Gathering is a new series taking place on the third Thursday of each month. The event is a chance for community members to come together, socialize, learn and re-ignite their passion to continue the good fight protecting progressive values in Minnesota. Third Thursdays are a great opportunity to dig deeper into issues and find out what you can do about them. Get notified of future Third Thursdays. Follow Third Thursday's on Facebook.