Does it feel like your gifts this year should do more like helping others in need and supporting this girl-power moment? Women’s March Minnesota is here to help you do just that with a holiday guide to giving for good — all while standing up to the patriarchy, of course.
- Let’s give this year with girl empowerment in mind. A Mighty Girl has it all, from women’s history to science toys, there are lots to pick from for any age--and any gender. Your purchase supports the mission of A Mighty Girl, to support courageous girls with books, toys and movies reflective of their creativity, brains and strength. Check out their holiday guide.
- Give a gift supporting charitable organizations--something for everyone! This Mashable list gives you a great list of holiday gifts for anyone on your list. The bracelet above, “The Future is Female,” gives $5 from each cuff's sell to Planned Parenthood.
- Here's our shameless plug to help support our own grassroots effort to march from a moment to a movement, working to amplify Minnesota women's voices and supporting equality, social justice and human rights. It's a perfect stocking stuffer for that Minnesotan in your life. Help us keep the march toward progress going with your donation.
- Keep your feminist spirit warm this winter by giving this sweatshirt from the University of Minnesota. Your purchase goes to support the Barceló Scholarship, assisting University of Minnesota women-identified students with financial need in completing their education at the University, with a special focus on women of color, new immigrants, and first generation college students.
- You can go straight to a charitable organization like UNICEF for that beer-lover on your list. These hand-blown beer glasses provides 38 packets of lifesaving nourishment to children suffering from acute malnutrition.
- Give the gift of impeachment; we know someone in particular this would fit perfectly. Impeach Boutique is working to end the reign of Trump and Republicans who are working tirelessly tear down progress. Give $24 in donations to help flip the 24 seats needed to put the Democrats in charge. Send a heartfelt holiday card to Trump or give loved ones and friends "awesomely ugly Christmas sweatshirts."
- Shop small and maybe even local by making your purchase through an Etsy shop for any number of gift ideas for anyone with “feminist” used in the search bar.
- Keep good, not fake. Journalism is alive and well with proven records of accurate reporting from an unbiased standpoint. Gift a subscription to one of these noted media outlets for anyone on your list for continued freedom of press.
› Subscribe to your local newspaper
› Subscribe to the The New York Times or The Washington Post
› Donate to NPR, and/or your local affiliate
› Sign up for POLITICO Magazine
› Donate to PBS and/or your local station
› Subscribe to The Atlantic Magazine
There’s a ton of options, more than what’s listed above, for however you get your news, whether it’s online, print or radio, to keep good, investigative journalism in the Trump-era with fact-checking and holding those in power accountable.
- Send a message to Mike Pence and others in Washington D.C. working to end women’s rights to choice, adequate health care and a voice to making decisions about their own bodies by making a donation to organizations like NARAL Pro-Choice America, Planned Parenthood and many others. There are often national and local chapters of NGOs working to keep our rights, health and environment progressing forward.