Action Day is a time for Minnesotans to gather in solidarity with all survivors of sexual violence, including those whose voices and perspectives are not often recognized or heard. Members of the sexual assault victim advocacy community, as well as survivors and allies, will come together to rally in support of increased accountability in our laws and a broader cultural change with the goal of sharing hope and empowerment.
Learn more about MNCASA's 2019 policy agenda at https://www.mncasa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2019_ActionDay_Packet.pdf.
The event will be emceed by MNCASA Interim Executive Director, Hannah Laniado, and MNCASA Board Chair, Becki Jordan. Speakers include:
- Aaron Gutzke and Steph Ritenour, ThinkSelf Minnesota Deaf Adult Education & Advocacy
- Asma Mohammed, Reviving the Islamic Sisterhood for Empowerment
- Samara Hillmer, Southwest Crisis Center
- Makoons Miller-Tanner, Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault
- Katy Sly, Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans
- State Representative Marion O'Neill, District 29B
- State Representative Ami Wazlawik, District 38B
- State Representative Carlos Mariani, District 65B
- State Representative Kelly Moller, District 42A
ASL interpreters will be available. The Minnesota State Capitol Rotunda is accessible to guests with mobility disabilities. This is not a scent-free space. For more information about accessibility, please visit mnhs.org/capitol/visit/accessibility.