From the hosts: Are you prepared to talk to your legislators about gun violence?
The 2020 legislative session will be here before you know it, when we’ll strive to push our “Big 2” gun safety bills through the Senate. Are you ready to speak in support of sensible gun laws?
Learn to lead the conversation about gun violence and its prevention by attending this workshop, led by Protect Minnesota's Executive Director Nancy Nord Bence. In the past two years she has presented this information to more than 1300 people across Minnesota, and participants have reported how much more informed and confident they feel addressing the subject afterwards.
At this interactive event you’ll learn:
1. Learn how to speak about gun violence as a public health issue--in a way that won’t alienate hunters and responsible gun owners
2. Learn about legislation that has been PROVEN to decrease gun deaths in other states and could do the same in Minnesota
3. Develop your personal 1-minute message to lead the conversation about the need for these important gun bills
4. Learn the difference between dialogue and debate and important dialogue skills
5. Learn what messages don't work--and why
6. Become informed about opportunities to engage in citizen lobbying at the Capitol
NOTE: This event is only open to those who support the mission of Protect Minnesota to prevent gun violence by passing sensible gun laws. No videotaping or photography will be allowed.