Back to All Events

LUNAFEST: ST. PAUL - Short Films By, For, About Women

  • SteppingStone Theatre 55 Victoria Street North Saint Paul, MN 55104 (map)

LUNAFEST is a women's film festival, created by Luna Bars.  LUNAFEST is an evening of nine internationally curated films by, for about women benefiting the Minnesota Peacebuilding Leadership Institute.  85% of the net ticket proceeds go to our Peacebuilding Trainee Scholarship Fund so that anyone, regardless of their situation, have the opportunity to attend our Peacebuilding trainings. The other 15% goes to the Breast Cancer Fund, Luna Bars national beneficiary.

Our evidence-based trainings teach how to transform psychological trauma into nonviolent power with positive productive alternatives to revenge. Peacebuilding has over 1200 graduates and 80% of them are women. Last year we raised $16,000 at LUNAFEST, and all this money was used to provide scholarships.  Since 2010, we have provided over $75,000 in scholarship funds to low income scholarship recipients.  Our vision is Making Minnesota the Peacebuilding Power State.